Carolina Complete Health can arrange and pay for member transportation to and from appointments for Medicaid-covered services.
How to Get Non-Emergency Transportation:
Call ModivCare, Carolina Complete Health's transportation provider, up to 30 days before the appointment to arrange for round-trip transportation. There is no limit to the number of trips during the year between medical appointments, healthcare facilities, or pharmacies.
ModivCare Support Numbers:
- 855-397-3601: Member Reservations
- 855-397-3604: Provider Transportation Line (Non-Emergency Ambulatory Transportation and other transportation subcontractors)
- 855-397-3606: Facility Transportation Line (for Dialysis Centers and other facilities with high utilizing members)
How far in advance can Members make reservations?
- Transportation must be scheduled at least 2 business days before but not more than thirty 30 days before the date of the appointment.
- Members may schedule recurring “subscription” trips (e.g. for dialysis) 3 months in advance
- Urgent trips for covered services may be scheduled with less than 2 days’ notice. Examples include:
- Sick visits
- Hospital discharge requests
- Life-sustaining treatment
A customer service representative will ask for the following information:
- Member's full name, current address, and phone number
- Member's Medicaid ID number
- The date of the appointment
- The name, address, and phone number of where the member needs to go
- The name, address, and phone number of the Physician/Provider the member is seeing
- The medical reason the member needs the ride
- The type of appointment (for example: doctor/provider visit, lab test, therapy appointment)
- The type of assistance or mobility aid required for the member
For Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) fact sheets, please see the NEMT page on the County Playbook, available from North Carolina Medicaid Division of Health Benefits.